Monday, December 19, 2011

Cleaning House and Giving Back

My Senior year of highschool, I changed my homeroom to the art room so I could paint and do what I want since I rarely had any homework to do during then.  I was a part of the Art Club and Scenery Crew and in being so I was asked to paint a table to sell at the auction during intermission of the school musical.  The proceeds from the auction went to pay for the scenery.  I loved painting the tables.  Junior year I painted a chair, and senior year I painted a table.  I wish I could find the pictures of them...

 But anyways, I loved painting tables so I continued to paint tables for fun during homeroom.  I would go garage saling and buy every reasonably priced table I could.  I painted a coffee table and have been in love with it since day one.  It unfortunately never sold, and I have no use for it.  Still living at home, I do not have an area to put it and the family has been tripping over it basically for four years.  Its time to go.

I have decided to donate it to the school for this year's auction during intermission!


 Since I do still love the picture, I plan to recreate it on a 7x14 canvas and eventually add it to my Etsy shop.

1 comment: