Thursday, December 29, 2011

I really hate being a perfectionist...

I have been working on a painting for a friend of mine's Mom and its really starting to erk me.  When I was younger I never understood how writers and artists didn't want to show people their works in progress etc.  But  this painting is the first one that is really starting to make me understand.  The painting is a beach painting.  And I have done many of these before...but this one is different.  I must somehow have higher standards for it or something, I'm not sure how to explain it.  I have painted the ocean three times already and have not decided whether or not I will be painting it for a fourth time.  The only thing I love about it is the clouds I did.  I'm not sure if I am being too hard on myself or what.  Its like one of those things that you have some sort of idea or outcome in your head and no matter what you do its just not perfect.  The funniest part?  She told me to use my own judgement and didnt give me a certain picture to base it off of like my friend Christine has...so in all honesty if it doesn't look exactly like this picture I found it really doesn't matter.  Ive tried putting it away for a few days too...maybe I should just work on another painting for Etsy since I haven't added any artwork for over a month and I have a whole bunch of ideas that I still want to do.  Especially since I received a lot of joanns and AC Moore gift cards for Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment